Vizag, Required Experience 5+ years
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods.
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary.
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate.
- Plan future capacity requirements.
- Organize the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis.
- Visit customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely.
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
Where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.